Gracie Style Jiu-Jitsu
- Effective and comprehensive system of standing and ground defense techniques
- Gracie Style Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu trains the body to utilize rules of leverage
- Children and adults can learn at any age level
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art, combat sport and a self-defense system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting. The art was derived from the Japanese martial art of Kodokan judo in the early 20th century.
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- A tremendous workout emphasizing aerobic and anaerobic conditioning
- Enjoyable for women, men and children regardless of athletic ability.
- Join our competitive fight team (advanced fighters only)
From grappling with strikes to standup sparring with takedowns, and even full contact MMA sparring, our training incorporates all of the aspects we see when we fight.
Martial Arts for Kids
- Martial arts is a great form of exercise and a way to burn energy that kids love
- Children grow in confidence and self-respect as their skills develop
- Our classes are a great way for the whole family to train together
Our instructors at Pura Vida are really fun. Classes are small so they can get to know all the kids in the gym. Children love that they can play games and can roll with all my instructors and submit them.
Lead by example. Fight with honor and respect. We fight the same way we expect our students to fight. We love coaching and love leading our team. Our philosophy on leadership can be summed up in two words: “Follow me.”
Watch out for big things from Pura Vida fighters coming up soon!
Mixed Martial Arts
There is no hiding who you are as a person in this sport. Some people go their entire lives hiding. You wear this disguise. Inside the cage, there you are for the world to see. You can’t hide who you are in the cage.
Women’s BJJ Training
Train with our women instructors to learn in an all-female environment. Our classes help train you to fight, learn self-defense skills and build your self-confidence with other awesome, powerful women.
What We Do And Who We Are?
Leah Letson “The Hammer”
Our Classes Change Lives.
“I lost thirty pounds. I brought my blood pressure down so far my doctor had me stop taking my medication.
Getting my blue belt from Pura Vida BJJ & MMA has meant the world to me. I have a family here.”
Carlos Marchan (May 2016)
“I have suffered with addiction my whole life. Joining the family at Pura Vida has enabled me to stay sober,
which is as great of a referral as I can give. I am very proud of what I’ve accomplished with this team, and I look forward to what’s to come in the future!”
Bradford Ermel (August 2015)
“My son used to get picked on every day at school. It broke my heart.
That’s why I brought him to Pura Vida. Within the first month of joining, he was carrying himself differently. He had confidence. The instructors told me their job was not to teach him to fight, but to teach him enough confidence that he wouldn’t need to… and they did!”
Lupe Silva (June 2013)
Get In Touch